Our ears are very delicate instruments, and our ability to hear can diminish for a number of reasons. The majority of people develop a hearing loss as they get older. Over time, part of the ear’s delicate mechanisms may break down or simply wear out. Excessive noise exposure is one of many reasons for developing a hearing loss. Regardless of the cause, the real problem is that most people don’t know that they can be helped.
Some Common Causes Are Preventable, Such As:
- noise-induced hearing loss from listening to loud music
- working in a loud environment, like a factory, without hearing protection
Others Are Less Preventable Such As:
- Reactions to medications
Did You Know?
– About 20% of Americans, report some degree of hearing loss.
– At age 65, one out of every three people has a hearing loss.
– Hearing loss is often confused with, or complicates, conditions such as dementia or depression.
More Information on hearing Loss
Hearing Aid Styles & Descriptions